Strainers in pipelines have the following function:
- Preventing faults and avoiding damaging of existing plant components;
- Cleaning of the flowing medium.
These two primary tasks are valid in all areas of application – regardless whether the media are:
- Hot water (district heating systems)
- Cold water (Cooling Systems, municipal applications)
- Hydrocarbons (pumping of oil, petroleum, LNG/LPG)
- Acids or alkalis (chemical plants).
Generally, these tasks are fulfilled by all commercially available filter types, however with high energy requirement and frequent maintenance intervals. Additional cost for shutdown and cleaning could also be reduced.
Find enclosed a comparison of various filter types, 345 KB (.pdf)